Ultimate Malaga History and Food
Discover the must-see places as you explore Malaga with a licensed guide in this Ultimate Malaga Food & History Experience. See monuments, hidden places, and take in the city’s major attractions as the Fortress Alcazaba, Roman Theater and Cathedral with all tickets & skip the line included
After this complete history lesson, full of facts and anecdotes, you will learn and enjoy great local food – tapas paired with the best Spanish wines in two different places, all-included on this full lunch or dinner foodie experience
You’ll get simply the best of the best of Malaga with this awarded combination of history and food
We’ll get started with a brief introduction of the tour! Our licensed tour guide will give you a short summary about what it’s included and the timing.
First, we’ll head to the monumental area, located in the Historical Center of Malaga. You will explore the main monuments in company of a licensed tour guide, as the Fotress Alcazaba, the Roman Theater and the Cathedral, a Renaissance jewel started in the XV century and “finished” in 1780. All without the hassle of queuing, skip the line with your guide
Next up, you’ll sit down in a local eatery to enjoy delicious tapas and a glass of Spanish wine. A wide selection will be offered and you can pick two generous tapas per person. We will explain you how to order tapas in Spain and what it’s behind the tapas scene as well as how some of these delicious tapas are cooked
We will carry forward with a second stop in different tapas place. On the way, your guide will explain some history and facts about the streets in Malaga, local people and even some suggestions and different options in the city for dining and partying. After we arrive to the second venue, you will be able to choose more tapas and drinks. Be ready for surprises, we have a lot of them ready for you in this second stop!
At the end of the tour, with your appetite of history, food and wine completely fulfilled, you’ll have done so much more than eaten tapas and seen old stones, you’ll understand Malaga from a wider perspective, and we bet it will have found a place in your heart ❤️
- When? Tour starts at 10:30AM or 4PM available everyday
- How long? This tour lasts 4 hours
- Where is the tour? The whole tour takes place in old town Malaga, no more than 1 mile / 1,6km distance mostly flat except the Fortress where we have ramps and stairs
- Where do we meet? Our meeting point is located in Plaza de la Marina, outside McDonalds, further information will be sent after you submit your booking
- How many people? All our tours are limited to a maximum of 8 people, while you process your booking you can choose either leave the group open and more people can be added (price will be adjusted to the final number of participants) or set as private for 10€ extra per person. Larger groups available upon request, with special discounts
- How do we pay? We don’t require any deposit or prepayment, you pay after the tour in cash (Euros) or credit card (we accept major cards including Visa, Discover, MasterCard and AMEX). For large groups we may require a deposit
- Is the food included? Yes, this tour includes all the food and drinks mentioned in our stop by stop label
- Are the tickets to the monuments included? Yes, and we even skip the line!
- I have special dietary needs. Should I come on your tour? We are able to accommodate many common dietary restrictions & allergies. When signing up for our tour, please remark the dietary needs as completely as you can. Please note: while we will do our best to accommodate your dietary needs, your tour experience may differ from that of your fellow tour-goers
- I don’t drink any alcohol, do you offer any discount for non alcohol drinkers? Given the curious fact that non-alcoholic drinks in Spain are sometimes more expensive than beer and wine, we don’t offer discounts for non-drinkers. By the way, the legal drinking age is 18. If you are under 18, we’ll provide you with non-alcoholic drinks
- What is not included in this tour?
- Transportation to the meeting place
- What about gratuities? Tips are not included, they are not mandatory or requested but always highly appreciated